MARKETING LAND'S BIGGEST SOCIAL GEEK CONTEST
OFFICIAL RULES/TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For residents of Australia
This contest is conducted in Australia, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom and United States. These Official Rules apply to United Kingdom participants. If you are an Australia, Canada, Germany, France or United States participant, please refer to the Official Rules of your country.
For United States participants, read the Official Rules for United States
For United Kingdom participants, read the Official Rules for United Kingdom
For Canada participants, read the Official Rules for Canada
For France participants, read the Official Rules for France (French)
For Germany participants, read the Official Rules for Germany (German)
For Germany participants, read the Official Rules for Germany (English)
The promoter is Marin Software Incorporated (the "Promoter"). NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The SocialPro Biggest Social Geek Contest (the “Contest”) begins on August 17, 5:01 p.m. Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) and ends on October 31, 5:59 p.m. Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) (the “Contest Period”).
1. Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of Australia, aged eighteen (18) or older and who have an active e-mail account and Internet access as at the beginning of the Contest Period. Employees of the Promoter or Third Door Media, Inc./SocialPro and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment or other coordinating agencies, individuals providing services to the Promoter through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency during the Contest Period, and their respective immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to enter in the Contest. Participation in the Contest constitutes the entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules & Regulations (the "Official Rules").
2. To Enter: To enter, go online and select the Contest link from the Contest main page on http://biggestsocialgeek.com during the Contest Period. Answer all of the questions presented to you on the Contest entry form, which consists of a series of questions that you must answer (the “Contest Entry Form”) and click on the button to submit the Contest Entry Form before the end of the Contest Period. No mechanically reproduced mail-in entries are allowed and any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods.
Only one Contest Entry Form may be submitted per person. Entrants submitting multiple Contest Entry Forms may be disqualified. The contents of Contest Entry Forms may not be shared with third parties. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrants that post or share Contest Entry Form questions or answers. Any entry not complying with these Official Rules is invalid and may be excluded.
3. Prize Selection: Chance plays no part in winning this Contest. The entries will be judged and scored based on the number of questions correctly answered in a timely fashion from the valid entries received during the Contest Period. Each question has a possible total of 5 points out of 100. Partially correct multi-part questions will receive partial credit, up to 5 points total per question. The score will be represented as a percentage of total questions answered correctly. If any ties must be broken to determine the Grand Prize Winner (defined below), the grand prize will go to the entrant who completed the questions in the shortest period of time, from beginning the Contest Entry Form to submitting the Contest Entry Form. The Grand Prize Winner and other prize winners (as set forth below) will be selected at the offices of the Promoter, located at 123 Mission Street, 25th Floor San Francisco, CA 94105 within seven (7) days of the end of the Contest Period.
Submission of a Contest entry constitutes entrant's certification that the entry is his/her own original work and does not infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any third party patents, copyrights or trade marks. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable in any way for the entrants’ content. Entrant hereby agrees not to instigate, support, maintain or authorise any action, claim or lawsuit against the Promoter, or any other person, on the grounds that any use of the entry as provided herein, infringes any of entrant's rights as creator of the entry, including, without limitation, trade mark rights, copyright rights and moral rights or "droit moral". By submitting a Contest Entry Form, entrant hereby grants the Promoter and its successors and assigns an irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) and transferable license to use, copy, transmit or otherwise distribute, perform, modify, create derivative works based upon, incorporate into other works, publicly perform and display the Contest Entry Form or any portion thereof, in or through any medium, whether now known or hereafter created. Nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between entrant and the Promoter.
The Grand Prize Winner and other prize winners will be notified by e-mail and / or telephone as provided by entrant on the Contest Entry Form.
4. Prizes and Odds: The prizes to be awarded from the Contest in total across Australia, Canada, France, Germany, United Kingdom and United States are as follows:
The Grand Prize (defined below) will be awarded to the entrant with the highest number of correct answers and corresponding score (the “Grand Prize Winner”) as described in Section 4 above. In addition, to the Grand Prize Winner, the Contest entrant from each of these three (3) geographies (i) United States or Canada; (ii) France, Germany or the United Kingdom; and (iii) Australia, who answers the most correct questions in the shortest period of time from beginning the Contest Entry Form to submitting the Contest Entry Form (the “Geography Winners”) will also receive a prize from the Promoter as described below. In addition to the Grand Prize Winner and the Geography Winners, the fifty (50) Contest entrants who answer the most correct questions in the shortest period of time from beginning the Contest Entry Form to submitting the Contest Entry Form (the “Runners Up”) will also receive a prize from the Promoter as described below.
The Grand Prize Winner will receive, subject to the terms of these Official Rules, (i) a round trip flight or train journey, with hotel accommodation included, for the Grand Prize Winner and one (1) travel companion, to SocialPro, which will be held in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States on November 18-19, 2015 at the The Cosmopolitan & Conference Center and (ii) two All Access Passes to SocialPro. If the winner has already purchased his or her All Access Pass, a refund of the purchase price will be given. In addition, the Grand Prize Winner will receive an award at SocialPro presented on stage by a social media expert at Marin Software, during SocialPro or by a designee of the Promoter who is a nationally recognised expert in social media marketing. The approximate value of these prizes (the “Grand Prize”) is $6,500 USD.
In connection with the Grand Prize, all other costs and expenses not specifically included herein, including but not limited to transportation to gateway; ground transportation; transfers; food; beverages; mini-bar; insurance; gratuities, souvenirs, etc. are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner and travel companion must travel together and possess necessary travel documents, e.g. valid Federal or state government issued ID, at least thirty (30) days prior to travel. The trip is intended solely for attendance at SocialPro which will be held on the dates referenced above and for no other purpose. All reservations must be made a minimum of 2 days prior to departure, and are subject to black-out periods and availability. Travel must originate from and end at the same airport or train station. Once travel commences, no stopovers are permitted; if stopover occurs, full fare will be charged from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return, of the trip. No changes will be made to travel details once any portion of travel arrangements has been made. Ticket re-issues and/or time extensions not allowed. Only valid on flights operated on airlines approved by the Promoter. Flight or train travel details are subject to space availability and carrier's regulations and conditions apply. Certain other restrictions may also apply. The trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Winner and travel companion will be required to provide valid Federal or state government issued picture ID at time of travel; any identification requirements associated with air travel are the winner's responsibility. The Promoter will make travel and hotel arrangements for the winner, in reasonable consultation with the winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash; nor are prizes transferable, refundable or substitutable except by the Promoter with one of equal or greater value. Travel companion must be at least 18 years old as at the date of departure unless he/she is minor child of winner. All federal, state, local taxes and airport and customs fees if applicable are winner's sole responsibility.
Each of the three (3) Geography Winners will receive one of the following, to be determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion: (i) an Apple iPad Mini 3 (with an approximate retail value of $549 AUD), (ii) an Xbox One (with an approximate retail value $480 AUD), or (iii) a PlayStation 4 (with an approximate retail value $549 AUD).
Each of the fifty (50) Runners Up will receive a "Social Geek" recognition prize from the Promoter, comprising (i) an email announcement to the fifty (50) Runners Up, (ii) listing of the name of each of the Runners Up on the official contest website, accessible at http://biggestsocialgeek.com/winners, (iii) a digital button (“Digital Button”) to include on the blog/website of each of the Runners Up, and (iv) a t-shirt to be picked up at the Promoter’s booth at SocialPro or shipped to the Runner Up, if the Runner up is not attending SocialPro. The approximate retail value of the “Social Geek” recognition prize is $27 AUD. Runners Up may only display and use the Digital Button on websites owned or operated by them for the purpose of identifying their participation in the Contest. The Promoter owns the Digital Button and any and all goodwill and other proprietary rights that are created by or that result from the Runner Up’s use of a Digital Button hereunder vests solely in the Promoter. Runners Up may be required to discontinue their display and usage of the Digital Button if the Promoter, at any time, determines, in its sole discretion, that the Runner Up’s use of the Digital Button is inappropriate.
Neither the Promoter nor any agency has arranged for or carry any insurance of any kind for the winners’ benefit or that of their heirs, executors, administrators or assigns, relative to the winners’ use or enjoyment of the prizes, and they are solely responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other insurance relative to their use or enjoyment of the prizes.
No cash or other substitution of prizes or awards is permitted, except at the sole option of the Promoter for a prize or award of equal or greater value. The Promoter will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or awards. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, if any, that apply to prizes or awards.
Total value of all prizes to be awarded: approximately $10,298 AUD.
Winners are solely responsible for all income or other taxes, resulting from any prize won by them in the Contest and winners understand that their winning and acceptance of the prizes will be reported by the Promoter to any government agencies as may be required by law.
5. Notification of Winners and Runners Up: Winners and Runners Up will be notified by e-mail within five (5) business days of the selection, and may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within seven (7) days of notification. If a selected winner or Runner Up cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner or Runner Up who has the next valid highest scoring entry submitted in the shortest period of time, from beginning the Contest Entry Form to submitting the Contest Entry Form. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorised account holder of the e-mail account specified in the entry. "Authorised account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organisation (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. No automatically generated entries will be accepted.
6. General Rules: By entering the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Contest is offered by Marin Software Incorporated, 123 Mission Street, 25th Floor San Francisco, CA 94105, which is not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorised access to or alterations of entry materials; or (iii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties.
Entrants further agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold the Promoter and Third Door Media, Inc./SocialPro and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organisations related to the Contest, harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Contest or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including without limitation (i) any condition caused by events beyond the Promoter’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter or Third Door Media, Inc. will not be liable for any claims, liabilities, injury, sickness or death, property loss or damage or other direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage of any kind, howsoever sustained or incurred (including negligence), in connection with the Content or arising out of the acceptance of the prize.
If the Australian Consumer Law (“ACL”) which is Schedule 2 to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) applies to this Contest at any time, nothing in these Official Rules excludes or limits any liability the Promoter may have under the ACL or similar legislation that the Promoter is not permitted by Law to exclude or limit, including liability to a “consumer” (as that term is defined in the ACL). The Promoter limits any liability it has for breach of a consumer guarantee under the ACL to resupplying the services in respect of which the breach occurred.
7. Additional Conditions: By participating in the Contest, entrant consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, voice, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to entrant (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, the world wide web, inclusion in the Promoter's newsletters, the Promoter’s website at http://biggestsocialgeek.com and the Promoter’s homepages at www.marinsoftware.com and www.searchmarketingexpo.com/socialmediamarketing, without additional compensation. All entries, as applicable, become property of the Promoter and none will be acknowledged or returned. Allow six (6) to eight (8) weeks for delivery of prizes.
The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Contest is compromised, without liability to the entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by the Promoter, in its sole discretion. Contest is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations apply. As stated above, the Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in this Contest, the entrant acknowledges that they have read these Official Rules and agree to abide by them and by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Contest or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in the Northern District of California or the state courts located in San Francisco, California.
9. Winner's List, Official Rules: For a list of prize winners or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request and a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Biggest Social Geek Contest, Marin Software Incorporated, 123 Mission Street, 25th Floor San Francisco, CA 94105 or (for Winner's list only) send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Winner's list" as the email subject and contest name specified in the body of the e-mail.
10. The Promoter’s Address: Marin Software Incorporated, 123 Mission Street, 25th Floor San Francisco, CA 94105.
Copyright © 2011-2014 Marin Software
August 13, 2014
Back to the contest »